From few days i was working on lucene search in umbraco. I did everything properly ie. copied latest dll files, did indexing , made user control for search but still it was not working fine .
After searching for about a day i found that lucene search by default converts the “search word” in to lower case & then searches for the word in the website.Due to this if i have same word with upper case in my website then it will not be filtered & shown in search result.
The solution is very much simple for this , just we have to change “analyzer” attribute in the
ExamineSettings.config file which will be in config folder of the umbraco website.
you will find that your indexer & Searcher will be having attribute “analyzer” something like this…
Just you have to change analyzer to this….
save the file & then publish your all nodes …
try searching with uppercase after this …. it will work the way you want ….
Hope it Helps ……